A Message from Marillac St. Vincent Family Services Regarding Center Operations
Updated November 23, 2020
After receiving notice of several confirmed COVID-19 cases and out of an abundance of caution for everyone’s health and safety, we are temporarily closing all MSV Centers.
This closing is effective Monday, November 23. Our Centers will re-open Monday, December 7. Note: This date is subject to change based on mandates ordered by our city or state officials.
With the exceptions of our food pantries and thrift store, Nearly New, the closure effects all early learning and school age classrooms, as well as Hope Junior. See below for details.
Early Learning Programs
During this closure, we will provide remote learning for children in our Early Learning classrooms beginning Tuesday, December 24, 2020. Click the button below to view information and instructions:
- School age classrooms are currently closed and no remote services are being offered at this time.
- Full day service will resume on December 7.
Early Learning & School Age Updates
For parents and sponsors, these are uncertain times for all of us and we thank you for your understanding as we navigate the necessary changes within our operations.
Please remember to continue following all health and safety guidelines suggested by the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) and Chicago Department of Health (CDPH) as well as those required by MSV:
- If you/your child tests positive for COVID-19 or are exposed to someone with COVID-19, please let us know immediately by contacting our Client Services Director, Stefan Bell by email at Stefan.email@example.com.
- Has your contact information changed? If so, please provide updates to Client Services as soon as you can. This will enable us to contact about eLearning and other details.
- Where possible, non-essential workers should work remotely. If you must work or leave home for some reason, practice social distancing and wear a face mask/covering.
- Avoid all non-essential out-of-state travel. If you must travel, please quarantine for 14 days.
- Do not host gatherings in your home with those who live outside of your household (including close family and friends). Consider remote communication for the holidays, like phone or video chat.
- Hope Junior is closed through Friday, December 4 and will reopen on Monday, December 7.
- Youth counselors will be checking in in the afternoons with program participants and families.
Project Hope programming has remained fully remote since March 2020, and will continue to offer remote services to program participants throughout this current closure.
Community Outreach Services
- The food pantries at both Marillac Social Center and St. Vincent de Paul Centers will remain open during regular service hours, with the exception of holiday closures:
- Senior services continues to support local seniors remotely, and will continue contact-free food deliver to our homebound senior clients.
- Community Outreach Services at Marillac Social Center is 100% remote. Clients may call (773) 584-3244 for all requests and program inquiries.
- Community Outreach Services at St. Vincent de Paul Center is also operating remotely, offering is assistance with benefits application, job search, resume building, housing resources, etc. To schedule an appointment with a case manager, call 312-278-4125, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearly New Thrift Shop
- The store will remain open during regular business hours, excluding November 26 (Thanksgiving), December 24, 25, 26, 31, and January 1, and 2.
- The shop is accepting donations at this time, but only through the store entrance on Webster, not from dock entrance at the driveway behind the building.
- Shoppers must wear a mask at all times and follow social distance markers inside the store.