Community Youth Award Winners
On Thursday, May 6th, Hope Junior hosted an extraordinary evening partnering with Breakthrough Ministries, Chicago West Community Music Center, and Priscy's Productions Outreach Program, the East Garfield Community Youth Awards. The catering was done by a local East Garfield Park caterer. The night was magical with young musicians playing the harp and piano. 17 young people won the awards for categories such as Leadership, Academics, Sports, Community Service, Peer Leadership, and the Arts.
5 Marillac participants won awards that night.
- Vincente Taylor won a Peer Leadership award. He plans to attend Columbia College.
- Carrie Randle won a Sports award. She plans to attend Kankakee College.
- De'Chon Jones won a Performing Arts award and plans to attend Clark Atlanta University.
- Teshara Winters won an award for Academics and plans to attend St. Ignatius High School.
- Kenny Walker won a Performing Arts award and plans to attend Chicago Arts High School on scholarship.