East Garfield Park (EGP) is full of great kids! Once again, we formally and publically recognized the hard work, achievements and strength of character of some of the fine young members of our community.
Awards were given in several categories including:
- Academics (school based academic performance)
- Performing Arts (music, drama, dance, spoken word, etc)
- Visual Arts (painting, sculpting, graphic art, etc)
- Community Service/Citizenship (volunteerism)
- Sports (sport performance at school, club, or community level)
- Peer Leadership (leadership among their peers such as club, project, church leadership)
Award winners were selected in each category from two grade ranges; 6-8 and 9-12. Three youth from Hope Junior were recognized at the ceremony. Awards were presented to Jacari Brown for the Middle School Community Service/Citizenship award, Markavius Ross for High School Sports, and Kareema Crump-Martin for High School Performing Arts.
For more information about our youth programs or the East Garfield Park Community Youth Awards, please email email@example.com.